Dental cleaning in Vilanova i la Geltrú
Key information for your oral cleaning treatment
Oral cleaning methodology at the Albiol Clinic:
It's a simple procedure, and we explain it to you below:
- The first step is to make one analysis comprehensive examination of the teeth and gums to rule out any periodontal disease or dental mobility, as well as identify the presence of bacterial and rough plaque. For this, a solution is used that stains the bacterial plaque and a magnifying glass and a scraper are used.
- Then proceed to remove bacterial plaque and the tosca using a tool called a curette. Particular attention is paid to the roughness that may be found below the gum line. Slight bleeding of the gums may occur during this process. In addition, the interdental spaces are cleaned using dental floss or interproximal brushes.
- A pressurized water jet with a special bicarbonate solution is then used to remove any stains that have formed, such as those caused by ingesting pigmented foods such as coffee.
- Once the cleaning of the teeth and gums is complete, the teeth are polished using a fluoride and whitening paste. This paste is applied to the teeth in order to leave their surface completely smooth and provide them with a whiter tone.
- Finally, an anti-inflammatory gel is applied that helps reduce discomfort that may have arisen during the dental cleaning procedure, while preventing inflammation of the gums.
- Of course, after end the treatment the professional will provide you with instructions on how to properly perform your daily dental hygiene to prevent the accumulation of bacterial plaque.
Many customers have already trusted us
Dentists with more than 10 years of experience
Faster than other dental clinics
Your trusted dental clinic: Our customers value us
Find your dental aesthetic treatment to enjoy the smile you want:
Show off your smile
Don't hide your smile thanks to the veneers
Keep your teeth clean 100%
Frequently asked questions
Dental cleaning is a very simple treatment that does not hurt (as long as the condition of the teeth and gums is correct) and that brings many benefits.
It depends. Depending on the patient's mouth, one or more dental cleanings should be performed a year. In healthy mouths, it is recommended to do a dental cleaning on an annual basis. In case the patient has periodontal disease, it is advisable to do one cleaning every 4 or 6 months.
One of the main reasons is to guarantee oral health apart from obtaining various benefits such as:
- Reducing and preventing the gums from becoming inflamed.
- Helps maintain enamel.
- It can predict the appearance of caries.
- Improves the vision of the smile.
It is important that after dental cleaning we try to stay for a while without eating or drinking. In this way it will be given time for the fluoride to act and protect tooth enamel.
The price of a dental cleaning can vary from one clinic to another. Generally, the fees they can vary according to the center and what the patient requires it can be more or less expensive if you need some special treatment. At the Albiol clinic you can ask us for more non-binding information.