Dental caries treatment in Vilanova i la Geltrú
Key information for your caries treatment
Stages of dental caries development:
- The bacterial plaque formation it is a harmful process for dental health. If it is not removed properly, it will directly affect the surface of the teeth, and if not detected in time, it will attack the dentin. At this point, the caries begins to manifest with pain
- If not treated, the caries will continue to progress and will reach the dental pulp, where the nerves are located. At this point, the infection causes intense pain in the patient.
- In the final stage, if the pulp infection is not treated, it can affect deeper tissues, such as the bone and periodontium, which can result in the formation of a dental abscess. This can lead to greater pain and even tooth loss.
Albiol clinical methodology: to cure caries:
The Treatment for tooth decay varies by stage in which they are The deeper the cavity, the more thorough the treatment performed by the dentist, therefore early detection of cavities is essential.
- In the case of initial caries, the dentist will perform a filling, removing the affected tissue and placing a filling in the corresponding space.
- If the caries has reached the dental pulp, the dentist will have to carry out an endodontic treatment, which consists in the removal of the nerve.
- In the more advanced cases, where decay has completely destroyed the tooth or the infection is widespread, it may be necessary to extract the affected tooth and replace it.
Many customers have already trusted us
Dentists with more than 10 years of experience
Faster than other dental clinics
Your trusted dental clinic: Our customers value us
Our dental treatments
It's about killing the nerve. We usually notice harassment for short periods or when taking hot or cold things.
Periodontics is the specialty of dentistry that takes care of the gums.
Conservative dentistry embraces all those treatments aimed at preserving and maintaining the patient's natural teeth in the mouth.
Frequently asked questions
Dental caries is a disease caused by the acids present in the bacterial plaque, which damage the teeth and can cause intense pain in the case of deep caries.
The dental plaque is the main responsible for the development of caries. This is formed when bacteria attach to food residues left in the mouth, generating acids that damage the teeth. It is important to brush your teeth to reduce the chances of this happening.
There are several signs that can indicate the presence of dental caries. Among the most common symptoms to detect if you have a cavity include:
- more sensitivity to cold and heat
- presence of a hole in the tooth
- bad breath, sharp pain, stains or discoloration on the tooth
- fracture or loss of the tooth piece.
It is important to note that in the initial stages no symptoms may be noticed.
There are several treatments available to treat cavities, as they vary depending on the condition of the tooth. Therefore, the first thing you should do is visit a specialist who will advise you on how to treat cavities and what is the most appropriate method.